Monday, September 1, 2008

Friends

I find it funny how some friends no longer want anything to do with you when you start/go back to church and want to live as a better person. Just because I no longer want to go out and party, drink, or be a sneaky accomplice to certain things does not mean we can not be friends. Was our friendship only based on those things, rather than the person that I am? But whatever the case, I am better off with out you as a friend. I realise now that if you only wanted to be my friend when I was going out partying,drinking, and other. Then you aren't a "real" friend after all. In the bible it says we are to choose our friends wisely, guess I over looked that when I choose some friends. But praise God, he brought old friends back in to my life and he used them to bring me back into church and his way. And through that I have made so many new friends, good friends that like me for me being christian and all. And if a day ever comes to where I have no friends because I am a christian that's fine with me, God will always be on my side. I guess you could say that I am a little disappointed at some so called "friends" but I will not allow them to bring me down any longer or make me feel bad for not wanting to do things that go against Gods word. I am not saying that I am perfect and am going to follow everything to a T, but I sure as heck am going to try. So Thank you to all my new friends and my old friends who have stuck by me no matter what, and have not ditched me because my faith.

No comments: